BBQ Recipes for Fish
If you're looking for something to go beyond bangers and burgers, try our BBQ recipes for fish. We've listed the most popular and tasty recipes, which take under half an hour to prepare and can be cooked on the BBQ, or in the oven if a spot of rain bothers your party.
Smokey Paprika Salmon with Avocado and Jalapeno Salad
Our first BBQ recipes for fish, Smokey Paprika Salmon, you'll need;
- 4 ripe avacadoes chopped into chunks;
- 750g of halved cherry tomatoes;
- Chopped corriander;
- 4 juiced limes;
- 2 sliced green chillies;
- 1 small red onion, sliced;
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar;
- 2 tablespoon of paprika;
- 2 half sides of salmon;
- Tortilla chips to serve.
Put the chopped cherry tomatoes, avacadoes, corriander, chillie, lime juice and onions into a large bowl for the salad. Toss and season well.
Rub sugar and paprika over the salmon and season well. Rub the skin side of the fish with a little oil, to prevent it from sticking to the grill. When finished seasoning, place the fish on the BBQ for 8 - 10 minutes, skin side down. Serve with salad and tortilla chips.
Seared Swordfish and Mango Salsa
This BBQ recipe for fish is quick, simple, and refreshing enough for the summer months. For this recipe, you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 2 sword fish steaks, around 100g each;
- Half a mango, peeled and chopped;
- 2 thinly sliced spring onions;
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped;
- Zest of juice from half a lime;
- Chopped corriander leaves;
- Salad leaves to serve.
To start, rub oil over the swordfish paying close attention to the skin side to ensure it won't stick to the grill or BBQ. Cook for 3 minutes either side on the BBQ, until charred.
For the mango salsa, toss together the remaining ingredients and serve with the seared swordfish.
Spicy Thai Fish Kebabs
Our final BBQ recipes for fish includes the spicey thai fish kebabs, perfect for a light lunch. To start, you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon of Thai spice mix, available from most superstores;
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil;
- 250g of skinless pollock fillet, cut into strips or chunks;
- 1 yellow pepper cut into chunks;
- 1 onion cut into thick chunks;
- 4 cherry tomatoes;
- Thai jasmine rice to serve.
Mix the spices and oil into a bowl and season well. Add the pollock and coat in the seasoning. Place one chunk of pollock onto a skewer, followed by pepper and onion, and repeat until skewers are full. Finish with a cherry tomato.
Roast the skewers over the BBQ for 8 - 10 minutes until the fish is white and serve with rice.