Delicious carrot cake recipe
Everyone loves a carrot cake. It makes a great dessert and is not that difficult to make. Here is a carrot cake recipe that is easy to prepare and decorate. Serve it on any occasion or event whether it’s a birthday or a get together in the office or at home.
What to do
For this particular carrot cake recipe, you will need:
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2-3 eggs (2 medium or 3 small ones)
1 cup white sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup milk
1 cup grated carrots
- Cream the butter and add the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour slowly. You can use a mixer to blend all the ingredients or do it by hand.
- Add the milk, salt and baking powder.
- Pour mixture into a lined or greased baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 200°C. To check if it is done, stick a toothpick. If it comes out clean, then your cake is ready.
- Set aside to cool before decorating with icing or frosting.
For the icing:
You can serve the carrot cake with or without icing. If you intend to use it as a birthday cake, we suggest you make frosting and decorate the cake.
You will need:
½ cup butter
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl.
- Beat it using a mixer until fluffy.
- Add the sugar slowly whilst stirring or until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla essence. Set aside icing that you want to use as decorations such as carrots or flowers. Colour and flavour as desired. You can add cocoa or lemon zest.
- Refrigerate whilst waiting for the cake to cool.
- Slather the cake with the icing using a spatula or a frosting dispenser.
You can use different flavours
There are many variations you can do with a carrot cake recipe. You can introduce new flavours from vanilla and butter to chocolate and spicy cakes. It's also possible to improvise with the icing using different flavours such as chocolate, lemon and orange. Try using other types of fruits such as passion fruit and grapefruit.
- carrot cupcake