Easy diet recipes to lose weight
If you are thinking of losing some weight without sacrificing your taste buds, consider taking a look at sensible diet recipes. Not only are you going to shed pounds, but you will also feel and look better when you consider healthy ways to eat and live. Have a look at some of our recommendations.
Don’t be afraid that you will end up with boring food just because you are going to try diet recipes. The bottom line is, you can eat healthy and enjoy your meal without adding more fat and calories to your body giving you a slim and slender silhouette.
Here are a few suggestions of diet recipes:
- Tasty muesli and yoghurt
* Prepare muesli by soaking it in skimmed milk overnight.
* In the morning, cut up small pieces of fresh fruit such as bananas, strawberries, cantaloupe or other fruits in season.
* Add low fat yoghurt (plain or flavoured) for that filling and healthy breakfast.
With such a simple yet highly nutritious breakfast, you will not be snacking on sweets and other unhealthy stuff before lunch time.
- Easy Tomato soup
One very healthy recipe is tomato soup. To make this:
* Chop 6 large tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic and fresh parsley.
* Sautee garlic and onions in 2 tbsps of olive oil.
* In a separate pot, boil 1-2 small potatoes. Add the potatoes to the mixture.
* Bring to a boil and cook it slowly.
* Once done, let it cool for a few minutes before putting it in the blender.
* Garnish with chopped parsley, coriander and basil leaves for a tasty yet healthy soup.
Instead of using cream in your soup, substitute with a few tablespoons of yoghurt.
- Delicious grilled turkey sandwich
Turkey is great meat for those who are on a diet. It is a good source of protein without the fat and unwanted calories. There are many ways you can do turkey such as grilling it or putting it in the oven. Here is a delicious turkey salad or sandwich:
* Grill turkey breasts. Season with salt and pepper.
* Once done, add herbs and spices such as chives, parsley, coriander and thyme to give it flavour.
* Put grilled breasts on a bed of lettuce leaves.
* Mash an avocado and season with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. Use this as your dressing instead of ketchup or mayonnaise.
* Top grilled turkey with onions, tomatoes and even chilli peppers to give it a spicy twist.
* Eat with toasted rye or whole wheat bread.
There are many diet recipes you can invent yourself. The key here is to improvise and substitute fatty ingredients with healthy ones, a few or zero calories. You can also make healthy drinks using fruits and vegetables. Cut down on the milk or if you must, use skimmed or low fat milk.