Roast Chicken with Herbes de Provence recipe
Herbes de Provence is an aromatic mixture of dried herbs typical of Southern French cuisine. There are different recipes for this herb mixture, but all typically contain rosemary, thyme, savory and an aniseed-scented herb like tarragon or fennel. Try this simple chicken with Herbes de Provence recipe to cook finger-licking roast chicken for the whole family.
- 1 whole chicken (3 - 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon herbs de provence
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (about 428°F)
2. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
3. Pour olive oil onto the chicken with a pastry brush and spread the oil evenly
4. Mix Herbs de Provence, pepper, lemon zest and salt in a bowls.
5. Sprinkle the herb mixture on the chicken evenly.
6. Place the chicken on a roasting pan and place in the oven.
7. Roast chicken until cooked and there are no pink juices (about 2 hour and 25 minutes).
8. Allow to rest for about five minutes and then serve.
To serve more than one meal for the whole family, you may need to slice vegetables and squash them around the chicken before you put in the oven. Favourite vegetable to use in this chicken with herbs de Provence recipe include carrots, fingerling, cauliflower and new potatoes.
Veggies roasted with chicken make a mouthwatering, delicious instant side.
Veggies roasted with chicken make a mouthwatering, delicious instant side. You may add fresh herbs in the chicken cavity after roasting for extra seasoning, such as rosemary.
Chicken with Herbes de Provence recipe is not only healthy and flavourful, but also easy and cheap to make. It is a finger-licking meal for the whole family that will make your loved ones blurt out “this is the best chicken ever!” as soon as the dish hits their taste buds.