When steaming a pudding, the base of the pudding bowl cannot touch the direct heat of the pan. Follow these instructions to steam pudding without using a steamer...
- Scrunch a large sheet of aluminium foil into a disc shape
- Place the aluminium foil into the bottom of the pan
- Rest the wrapped pudding on top
- Make sure the base of the pudding bowl is not in direct contact with the base of the pan
- Add enough water to reach halfway up the sides of the pudding bowl
- Cover the pan tightly with the lid and steam the pudding according to the recipe