Piping bags can be used in a range of recipes - from cupcakes to choux pastries and meringues. It's therefore a good idea to understand how to achieve the best results.
- To fill the piping bag, hold it just above the nozzle then pull the rest of the bag back over your hand
- Spoon the mixture into the bag, using your covered hand to pull it from the spoon
- When the mixture has been added (a maximum of two thirds full), gently squeeze the mixture towards the nozzle to remove any gaps or air pockets
- Twist the remaining fabric at the other end of the bag and secure with a band
- When piping, use one hand to squeeze the mixture and the other to support the bag just above the nozzle