Excite

Poisonous foods for dogs

No matter how much you pamper your pooch, making the mistake of feeding them something that’s poisonous for canines is easy to do. Thankfully we’ll take you through the foods that shouldn’t be. Some of which will surprise you.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

Avocado leaves contain a toxin called persin so make sure your dog doesn’t finish off your snack if you’re eating avocado.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

Raw bread dough can be hazardous because of the live yeast. The warm and moist environment of the dog’s stomach is an ideal environment for yeast to multiply. This expansion can be dangerous for your beloved pet as it’ll press on the diaphragm.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

Raw bread dough can be hazardous because of the live yeast. The warm and moist environment of the dog’s stomach is an ideal environment for yeast to multiply. This expansion can be dangerous for your beloved pet as it’ll press on the diaphragm.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

Chocoholics beware because dogs might lick their lips at the idea of eating chocolate with you but it’s not good for them. The caffeine and theobromine found in the sugary treat cause toxicosis. The basic rule of thumb with confectionary is darker it is, the more dangerous it is for your pet.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

Grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure in dogs. Although the exact causes haven’t been confirmed, you should take care and make sure that you dog stays away from these foods.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

Cultivated hops used for brewing beer can be life threatening for your dog. Whether the hops are fresh or cooked, you should keep them away from your pet.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

Cultivated hops used for brewing beer can be life threatening for your dog. Whether the hops are fresh or cooked, you should keep them away from your pet.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

Macadamia nut’s toxicosis is unlikely to be fatal in dogs but it’s another food stuff that you should keep away from your pet. If your dog ingests these, you’ll see symptoms develop over 48 hours.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

In general mouldy foods should be kept out of sight from your canine friend as some produce toxins called tremorgenic mycotoxins which can lead to serious complications for your pet. No matter which of these poisonous foods your dog ingests, don’t take chances. Have a vet see to your pet.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

In general mouldy foods should be kept out of sight from your canine friend as some produce toxins called tremorgenic mycotoxins which can lead to serious complications for your pet. No matter which of these poisonous foods your dog ingests, don’t take chances. Have a vet see to your pet.

Puppy Training

Wikimedia Commons

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2016